Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Two of the three handsomest men/boys in my life!
The card Isaac made for Daddy (with a little help from Mommy).
The card I made for him.
I had to make this super quick (cause to my dismay I did not have his card made ahead of time). I really think that the "card making flame" that I had going so good for a while is starting to burn out. I just can't create anything good looking anymore. Ha! Maybe it's that I just have trouble with finding much "manly" stuff to work with.
Monday, March 2, 2009
It started snowing yesterday on March 1st. Isaac wanted to go out and play in it.
- 1/2 cup shortening (I used butter)
- 3/4 cup Reese's creamy peanut butter (I just used Jif)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 1 3/4 cups (10 oz pkg.) Mini Hershey's kisses
1. Heat oven to 375F.
2. Beat together shortening and peanut butter. Beat in 1/3 cup sugar and brown sugar. beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually blend into peanut butter mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 mins. or until lightly brown. Immediately place 3 chocolates on top of each cookie, pressing down slightly. Cool cookies and enjoy! Makes 4 dozen.