Monday, March 2, 2009

Hershey Kiss Blossoms

I made these for my husband as a Valentine gift. Thought I'd share the recipe, I just bought a bag of mini Hershey's kisses and used the recipe on the back of the bag.

Hershey's mini kisses peanut butter blossoms
  • 1/2 cup shortening (I used butter)
  • 3/4 cup Reese's creamy peanut butter (I just used Jif)
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Additional sugar
  • 1 3/4 cups (10 oz pkg.) Mini Hershey's kisses

1. Heat oven to 375F.

2. Beat together shortening and peanut butter. Beat in 1/3 cup sugar and brown sugar. beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually blend into peanut butter mixture.

3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 mins. or until lightly brown. Immediately place 3 chocolates on top of each cookie, pressing down slightly. Cool cookies and enjoy! Makes 4 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog today! And for leaving your kind comments, they mean so much to me. It's a blessing!