- Stamps: SU- Friend (not sure what set it's from, sorry, again!!). I guess I have a lot of loose stamps I've borrowed from my mom and took them out of the sets they belong in, so I don't remember what set it's from.
- Cardstock/Paper: SU- Very vanilla, the purple/eggplant color is SU as well, not sure the correct name. The pattern paper is Basic Grey's lemonade collection.
- Ink: Eggplant envy-SU
- Tools & Accessories: EK Success corner rounder, Kaiser rhinestones, Kiwi kiss grosgrain striped ribbon-SU, cream button from SU's earth elements & neutrals buttons, sewing thread, dimensional adhesive.
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
This is a video I've been meaning to post for some time now. I think on several attempts the computer either got turned off by my littlest son who LOVES teasing mommy and laughs when he turns it off! It also took forever for this to upload, so I canceled it another time I think. Anyway, Thought I would share this. Isaac really likes making cards. He loves using the glue pen and adding little bits of glitter to his cards (must get it from Mommy! :) Ha! So I hope you enjoy this little clip!
- Stamps: Polka dots and paisley-SU, Happy birthday- Imaginisce, from their little Snag'em sets.
- Ink: Craft white-SU
- Tools & accessories: EK Success corner rounder, colored glitter-SU, rhinestones-SU, aqua satin ribbon-walmart, & dimensional adhesive.
- Cardstock: All SU- Close to cocoa, chocolate chip, & certainly celery (?).
- Ink: SU- Close to cocoa, certainly celery (?), & Color box chalk ink-dark brown.
- Tools & accessories: Brown satin ribbon, fiskars mini scallop scissors (?), & dimensional adhesive.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
- Cardstock-paper: Pixie pink-SU, Yellow (not sure the name)-SU, & the flower print paper- Basic Grey's lemonade paper collection.
- Ink: I can't remember whether I used SU- Old Olive or Mellow moss.
- Accessories & tools: Corner rounderPTI's lemon tart satin ribbon (I think), glitter, dimensional pop-up adhesive, kaiser kraft rhinestones, & sewing thread.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
- Stamps: The pumpkin was one my Mom had, I'm not sure what set it was from, but it's SU, and the "happy Thanksgiving is SU too, the name of the set escapes me, sorry I am not too informative on my listing of supplies. The Polka dot background is from my Polka dots and paisleys-SU set.
- Cardstock: All SU- Very vanilla, bravo burgundy, and I think the orange/yellow is maybe so saffron???
- Ink: Bravo burgundy & Apricot appeal (?)
- Accessories & tools: Glitter, corner rounder, & orange satin ribbon (walmart).
- Stamps: Since I am too lazy to look up what the name of the set is, it is a cute wedding set from SU (if you really want to know, just ask me and I will look it up and let you know)- Update: the set is called "Fairy-Tale Wedding".
- Cardstock: Very vanilla-SU & Chocolate chip-SU
- Inks: More mustard, close to cocoa, pixie pink, and mellow moss (?)-SU.
- Accessories & Tools: Corner rounder, pop up dimensional adhesive, SU ribbon (not totally sure if the yellow is SU or PTI, since it was given to me) & button, SU glitter, & sewing thread.
Monday, September 21, 2009
This particular page I wasn't as impressed with (sorry for the bad glare from the flash). For some reason the pictures of my son turned out really dark looking. The pictures were a little on the dark side to start with, but I did edit them some. I also noticed that when I went to place this second order, it looked like the company changed some things, like their 12x12 prints look like they're $1.99 all the time now, but that's unedited, (which is fine with me because when you're doing digital usually I edit the coloring myself to get the colors how I like), but sometimes I guess I am not so good at it (still learning and working on this), so it may be partially my fault. They also offer professional color edited prints and it lists the various different prices and options. I still think it's a fab deal ($1.99 for a 12x12 page, most places are around $3.00+). So just make sure your colors are just how you want them if you're ordering the unedited prints through them, their quality is still great and the colors on all the elements and such that I put on the pages are real bright and great looking. And I'm not sure, it may have been the same way before when I placed my first order, and I may have just not noticed there were options. I just noticed that they made some changes on their site and their shipping I think changed a little this second time. But I still highly recommend this company.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
The sunlight was coming in the living room beautifully, and I wanted to take advantage of the nice lighting. (I normally take my cards outside to get photos, but I've been trying different things in the house).
So I set my cards up.
Lots of pictures.
Had to keep baby hands away. (Which were being so cute and wanting to grab everything).
Snap. snap. snap.
Done with photos.
Went about the rest of my day.
Hubs came home.
I started making pizza. (I had to have him bring home most of the ingredients before I could start it).
We ate, watched the rest of The Devil Wears Prada.
Got boys ready for bed.
Went outside to get dried sheets and bedding out of the dryer (yeah, my washer and dryer are outside).
Ran inside fast because I was scared of a noise that we've had on our roof for the last couple evenings (we have a tin roof, so you can hear anything on it).
Normally when we hear the tin, it's from the wind blowing really hard and whipping against it.
Well, there hasn't been any wind.
So what is on our ROOF?????
Yeah, scary!! I keep freaking out thinking if I look out the window they'll be little beady eyes starring at me. (ok, I'm really scaring myself now!!).
So all boys in including hubby are sound asleep.
I go into my "late night, blog hopping, wasting time, thinking of creating, wishing I had more things to create with, wanting to order so much stuff, can't afford it though, getting ideas, wasting more time, late night zombie owl mode. (even though I REALLY need to be in bed).
So then I remind myself "oh yeah, I took pictures of my cards today, I should put those on the blog".
Look at the camera, and then look up on the top of the desk, and realize...
are you ready for this???
The memory stick was lying up there.
All that time I was taking pictures with an empty camera!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Can I have a BIG "Jessica is a dork" cheer!?!
So, thought I'd share that bit of info with you, just in case you ever wonder just how much of a nerd I am!!
Now, I want to make some cards. And there is a dog barking outside. Still thinking about that scary critter that could be living on our roof.
Thinking maybe I should just go to bed.
Ok, I am leaving blog world now.
How many of you think I'm a really weird person now?? LOL!! Seriously, I am laughing at myself.
Maybe this is what over tiredness does to a person, or just to me??? :/
Thursday, September 10, 2009
As you may recognize this page from a color challenge I did over at Dawn's blog. This was my first color challenge creation picked for in the spotlight! I LOVE this page, and even more so after I've gotten it printed! That chocolate background looks delicious printed, all the colors really turned out soo great and luscious!
Monday, September 7, 2009
On another note, my baby boy turned 11 months old yesterday!!!! One. month. away. from. one. year. old. I CANNOT BELIEVE my baby is no longer my tiny little baby anymore! It's so hard to believe that I have one month to plan for his 1st birthday, and I haven't a clue what we're going to do! He has been walking sooo much lately, he's always so happy and smiley. He just does the CUTEST things ever! I am incredibly in love with this little man...
Very Merry ingredients:
- Cardstock: all SU (not sure the names of all them), & the white is from walmart.
- Stamps: All SU- Little pieces, short & sweet, snow angels, & polka dots & paisley
- Ink: SU- Close to cocoa, white- craft, & versa mark
- Tools & Accessories: Corner rounder, green check ribbon-walmart
I took soo many different views of this card because I wanted to make sure my stamped snowflakes in the background show up. So if you can't tell you may have to click on the card to enlarge it to see all the detail. I stamped them with versamark so they're basically like a watermark on the card. It's more noticeable in person.
- Card stock: Very vanilla-SU
- Stamps: All SU- Barouqe motifs, snowflakes, & small script
- Ink: Pixie pink-SU & versamark
- Accessories: Polka dot raspberry fizz PTI ribbon (I think), & glitter.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
- Stamps: Little birdie by Inkadinkado, random floral clear stamp, polka dots & paisley-SU, & Occasions collection-SU
- Cardstock: All SU- Chocolate chip, Very vanilla, More mustard(?), & kraft.
- Ink: More mustard-SU & Dark brown-color box fluid chalk ink.
- Tools & accessories: EK success corner rounder, chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon-su (I think), & cream colored sewing thread.
So here's what I used:
- Stamps: All SU sets- Snowflakes, Small script, & polka dots & paisley
- Inks: SU- Eggplant envy, more mustard, & versa mark
- Cardstock: SU- Very vanilla, not sure the names of the two different purples used.
- Accessories & tools: SU-glitter, random ribbon I've had for a while, not sure where I got it from, I think the gold bow came on a gift I got, EK success corner rounder (yes, I use it on almost EVERY card I make! Haha! Maybe I will eventually tire of it. Probably after I am able to purchase some cool edge punches I will set aside the corner rounder for while). :)