Thursday, September 3, 2009

Stretch Your Holiday Style: A Vintage & Shabby Chic Challenge

Here is what I made for the Vintage & Shabby chic challenge for the Stretch your holiday style challenge at Moxie Fab world. I thought this neat carolers set my mom had would work good for this challenge. I knew I wanted to make an ornament for one or several of these challenges, so I did for this one! Living on a Christmas tree farm works good for props for stuff like this!! Hehe!

I stamped the image on very vanilla card stock, then I added some pretty glitter to give it that frosted look. And the lantern post light looks so pretty with the glitter, it doesn't look as good in the photo as it does in person- that would be due to the lack of my photography skills. I didn't have any lace, and I really wanted to use some, but instead I found this fabric I've had forever that I started a quilt with that I never finished. I distressed the edges of the main image. I sewed the fabric by hand to get that bunched up look, then I attached it with some glue dots and then sewed a straight stitch to complete it. Then added a red scalloped strip behind the fabric. So I tried my best to get that vintage shabby chic look! What do you think?


Here is the back of the ornament. This is the sentiment that came with the carolers set. I like it!



I added some glitter to the "C", you may have to click the image to see it better.
What I used-
  • Stamps: Christmas Carolers set-SU
  • Cardstock: Chocolate chip, very vanilla, real red-SU
  • Ink: Close to cocoa, more mustard
  • Accessories & Tools: Glitter-SU, sewing thread, EK success corner rounder, Fiskars 1/16 hole punch.


7 comments:

  1. Love the ornament idea, it turned out so pretty! Hey, I have a few unfinished quilting projects too! He,he!! Great idea to use the fabric in place of lace, it works perfectly, your so creative! So do you or your parents live on the Christmas Tree farm? That's so fun! The photos look great with the tree in the background, perfect for the holiday cards & ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your handmade ornament! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love that fabric! I thought that was a Christmas tree in the background! To cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the caroling ornament!!! Uhh...do you have any extras laying around???? I would LOVE to hang one on my tree!! I LOVE vintage Christmas things!!! Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh... I love this!!! Thanks for visiting me and leaving me some love! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog today! And for leaving your kind comments, they mean so much to me. It's a blessing!