Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Two pages

Here are a couple pages I've made. This one I did today (well, it's like the middle of the night, so yeah, tonight! Ha! yeah, I am guilty of pulling late-nighters!). I have really been struggling with digital scrapping lately. And I really am not sure why. It's like I want everything to turn out perfect and I want to use a lot of pictures if I have a ton I've taken from a certain day or event. Like of my son when he turned 8 months old, I took a lot of pictures that day... To me I loved most every picture and find myself wanting to scrap most of them, because they all mean so much to me! I know they say to try and scrap just a few of your favorite pictures and the ones that tell the story.. Well, to me when they're pictures of my children, and I have soo many pictures of them from a certain day, using a lot from that day tells the story to me and means a lot to me. I don't know, maybe I'm a little weird. But anyway, I tried and tried and redid and redid this page.. I put a ton of pictures together on a two-page spread, I laid them out to display them all, I tried so many different things. And what did I come up with?? I decided to break them up and make several different pages from that ONE day! So here is the first page, and this is from the first part of that day. I kept the two-page spread which I may just make some modifications to it, and possibly keep that one, but we'll see. I am just undecided, as I often find myself. I really have this little battle with myself sometimes.. Like "Jessica, just get over it and do it, years from now it's not going to matter how they were scrapped or laid out, but that you DID in fact scrap them and it tells the story". Or "quit being indecisive and just come up with something already!". Haha, yeah, I just need to get out of the slump I have seemed to be in for a while now. I think part of it is that I have this yearning to do some traditional and hybrid scrapping, like I want to play with elements and PAPER and be able to touch and feel and just be able to create with tangible items! But, I am not able to do that at this time.... Scrapping can be soo expensive! But for now, I am VERY thankful and blessed that I am able to digi scrap! I just need to learn to manage my time better and not waste so much of it not deciding on what to do or worrying that it won't turn out. Seriously, if I didn't do that so much, I would be scrapping and whipping those pages out WAY FASTER! Anyway, enough with my rambling.. I don't mean to be such a bore. So without further ado, here are my pages..This one will have text on the bottom where the orange paper is. I still need to work on that a little more. So for now this is just the page without the journaling. I most likely won't show it with the journaling, but you get the idea.

And this page I actually did about a week or so ago. I wasn't certain I liked it well enough. But then it kind of grew on me. I thought maybe it was too cluttered looking. I am really liking the idea of a two-page spread lately. The latest Creating Keepsake's magazine has a lot of these in it and it is inspiring. I like that you can get a lot more photos on it and allow enough room to journal, I always seem to have a problem with not allowing enough room for me to journal. But I wasn't certain I liked the fact that when I have them printed as two separate pages that it will cut my baby's face in half, and if I store them in a ring binder there will be a pretty big gap between the pages, soo, I wonder what that will look like? Has any one else run into that problem? Or does it turn out okay?
Ok, so now I HAVE to go to bed!!! I should have HOURS ago! Bad me! Hopefully I'll be live enough to take care of my boys in the morning! Good night dearies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog today! And for leaving your kind comments, they mean so much to me. It's a blessing!