Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Attention Jane Austen fans!

For those of you who like Jane Austen, I thought I would share a link with you! They have redone Emma, and have made it into a longer version. It's aired on TV through PBS (I think) each Sunday evening. You can also watch the full length shows of it online through Masterpiece Theater (for those of us who don't watch tv or have cable or satellite). My sister and I have watched the first episode together, and it was 2 hours long!! You can now watch the second episode online now as well. I plan to soon. I just have to say that I really like this one! I have always liked Emma, and I am so happy they've made a longer version of it! I really like the characters in this one. Except, I have to admit, no one plays Mr. Knightley as good as Jeremy Northam. So although the Mr. Knightley in this new version isn't quite as good as the 1996 version, he still does a good job and I do like him quite well. I won't give too many details, but I would highly recommend you watch this!! I just love Jane Austen's stories and period films!! So pop yourself some popcorn, get cozy and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I have to see this! I'm such a huge JA fan. Speaking have you seen this etsy store http://www.etsy.com/shop/Brookish?ga_search_query=brookish&ga_search_type=seller_usernames

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you have Costco but they have a set of movies that includes Emma with Kate Beckinsale.It's called The Romance Collection there are 8 movies total in one pack and it was around $40.00. Well worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog today! And for leaving your kind comments, they mean so much to me. It's a blessing!