Monday, May 11, 2009

Color Inspiration

Today I was checking out Ali Edwards blog as I often do and today she was talking about color inspiration. And giving tons of advice, examples, pics etc... Soo helpful and encouraging! Color has changed so much for me over the years. I look back and think on when I use to make things, buy clothes or anything and how I limited myself to the "safe" colors (like a boring navy shirt, or gray, or black). Now, my eyes are soo opened now and I LOVE sooo many colors and color combinations. As Ali was talking about just walking in her garden, local greenhouse, or bookstore or downtown in your own town, how there is just so much color inspiration around us! It's so true and soo inspiring. I often will just see colors that I LOVE together and it gets my wheels turning and makes me want to create something with colors! Especially this time of year when everything is in bloom and fresh, it makes me happy and I think God really wants to show us through colors how much he loves us to give all this beauty of color around us, the joy it brings to us, the inspiration, the colors of new life!
So just thought I would encourage you to not be shy with using colors that you maybe wouldn't normally think of or if you're stumped just go for a walk somewhere and look for inspiration! It's all around you! Or even in your home! Open yourself up to new ideas and let the colors bursts from you in your creations! It could open up a whole new you IN COLOR!
Have fun, create, show your true colors!!! Or NEW colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog today! And for leaving your kind comments, they mean so much to me. It's a blessing!